Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fire on campus

I've been inside the law school for over two hours and was oblivious to the fact that there's a fire on campus not far from where I am (thanks, Internets!). I heard the sirens of the fire trucks but didn't think much about it. Wowsa.

Here's some video footage.

The building that's on fire is the "Memorial Union" - it's like your standard student union on any campus, except recently remodeled and containing an impressive food court - including a Starbucks. Way nicer than Berkeley's, which seemed to always smell of urine. Bummer!

2 comments:

Lise Johnston said...

Wow, always strange to see news stories about places that you have been. What was the extent of the damage? I remember going there to give a leadership training workshop last year and I visited again during my law school tour.

Bexy said...

I'm not sure about the damage... they say it was an electrical fire and they are keeping it evacuated until further notice (although the fire was contained earlier this afternoon).