Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Saved from allergy hell

I discovered this weekend that as a newish resident of Arizona, I have allergies!

Yes, it's spring time in the desert, and the blooms were making me want to die this weekend. I thought it was a cold (since I haven't had allergies since I was a kid) but no.... I'm allergic to the pollen, dust, what have you. SUCKAGE.

I thought I was going to die yesterday. I had class all day then I had to give an oral presentation of my latest research paper. I'm not sure where I found the strength, really.

A friend told me to take antihistimine - not Claritin because Claritin will not do anything. So, I went to Target and all of the allergy stuff has antihistimine in it. I opted for the behind-the-counter stuff (the stuff with pseudophedrine which the meth heads love so much - and which happened to be called "Claritin-D") and I'm thrilled to report that it worked!

Thank sweet baby jesus. I'm not 100% but I'm probably at 98%... thank god for modern medicine.

No comments: