Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I hate people. Not all people, but lots of them.

I'm not sure why every year I find myself shopping for Christmas presents at the last minute. Today's venture involved a trip to the local shopping mall, where I parked - oh, say, a half mile away from the mall's entrance only to be met with throngs of what might be called the Barbarian Horde when I finally got inside.

As I was leaving I noticed that some mother trucker scraped the driver's side of my car with theirs. This was surely some SUV/monster truck-driving asshole who backed out sans depth perception. It doesn't look dented, but it is heavily scraped; I will have to talk to the 'rents about what one does in this situation - I surely don't want the effing car to start rusting. Merry Effing Christmas everyone!

Two years ago my car was hit in another shopping center parking lot on Christmas Eve (another Christmas miracle!) and that required me to turn it in for repairs. The entire back portion of my car had to be replaced, which was awesome because all of those dents and scrapes I got in the bay area during my many years of tricky parallel parking were erased! Yippee!

In any event, at least my shopping is done and my car is now safely parked in my parents' driveway. Time for the spiked egg nog.

Happy Holidays to all of you out there who I don't hate (and if you're reading this, you are one of them) XO!

No comments: