Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008!

I'm here in Portland (pictures forthcoming) and having a great time with Amby, Josh and the Watsons!

We've been taking it incredibly easy (my favorite thing), venturing out into the cold to grub on the deliciousness around the city. My first night in town we had an amazing sushi dinner. The next day out at breakfast it started to snow! Lovely.

On New Year's we had a yummy dinner at Stickers and then headed to The Blue Monk for more drinks... only to realize by 11:15 we were ready to had back home and watch 30 Rock. We may have started a tradition... now I can't imagine ringing in the new year without Jack Donaghy.

New Year's Day was lovely and chill. We strolled around downtown, grabbing some coffee from Peet's, a delicious thai lunch, then checked out Powell's. I picked up one book, resisting the urge to buy three - at least until we shop there again later this week. I love Powell's - it's impossible for me to resist all its temptations. It's like a crack house for bibliophiles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

kreichs said...

I LOVE that you went to Stepping Stone cafe!! I love that place!!!

Can't wait to see you in Portland soon, my dear. And let me know what you think of the Dave Eggers book. I bought it but haven't read it yet.