Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Carrie Fisher: "Wishful Drinking"

I heard through the grapevine that Carrie Fisher is performing her one-woman show "Wishful Drinking" at the Berkeley Rep!

For those of you in the Bay Area, I highly recommend checking this out. (The link gives a trailer for the show, plus links to interviews she gave about the show.)

I saw this show about a year ago in L.A. and it was HILARIOUS! I didn't expect it to be so funny but she is really hysterical. She makes fun of herself, her role in Star Wars, her and her family's scandals, a variety of funny things.

It's so good and I can remember some really great moments, but I don't want to give anything away! If you like Kathy Griffin, you will like this show. (She's not as raunchy as Kathy Griffin, but has a dry, self-deprecating wit) I'll leave it at that.

No comments: