Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fun with Reading

I saw this cute little game over at The Prock Life today and I wanted to play!

Here are the deets:
I have a meme for you just so I have something to post about. It will be much shorter than the get to know you email lists. Here it is:

Look up page 123 in the nearest book
Look for the fifth sentence
Then post the three sentences that follow that fifth sentence on page 123

So, technically, the closest book to me is my Property textbook, and I can assure you that you don't want to read what I found on p. 123.

So I pulled a book off the shelf, The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, and it reads:

"That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard," she said sharply, putting sugar in her cup and stirring it. But she looked unconvinced by her own words, and I pressed on.

"Do you still have the book?"

"Yes."


(The excerpt is actually the 5th sentence plus the three that follow - I wasn't sure how to interpret the rules. Anyhoo.)

Thanks for the fun distraction Carla!!

1 comment:

Carla said...

You posted before anyone that I tagged so if I had a prize, I would give it to you!