Saturday, February 16, 2008

Nothing like a cut and color to boost the ego

So I have a couple of interviews on Monday and of course I'm nervous.

A friend at school graciously offered up some time to help me practice and she knocked my socks off with her great suggestions! For instance, pathetically, I didn't realize there were sites like this to help you with the interview process.

The "what are your weaknesses?" question is the worst, yeah? She gave me a great idea: talk about a weakness you had and how you overcame or are overcoming it... Once it was phrased that way I could think of something genuine and good to say.

When I feel more comfortable in my skin, I'm less nervous. When I'm less nervous, I exude more confidence. Hence, I want to be sure to be looking my best on Monday. So, at the last minute this morning I called up Altered Ego Salon in Tempe and they could fit me in for a cut and color!

The gal gave me EXACTLY what I wanted: she covered up the old color (a synthetic-y reddish-brown, combined with my roots coming in and grays appearing - lovely yes?) and added subtle highlights. It's perfect. Yay!

I've been resisting highlights given the money situation, but I decided it's worth the investment (especially since I can afford it: thank you tax refund, thank you oh so much).

No comments: