Saturday, May 24, 2008

California vacay

After finishing up my first year on May 10 I've been doing mostly nothing, and it's been incredibly divine.

I spent the first few days decompressing (including getting a haircut, highlights and my eyebrows waxed - FINALLY), before driving to the VTA with Frankels.

I then flew up to Oakland for a few days to attend the baby shower for Karen & Denis, whose baby ("Baby Bruno") is due in June. They are keeping the gender a mystery but the consensus is BOY. Sadly, tho, "Bruno" will not be his name.

The first night I was in town we ate dinner at Townhouse, one of my all-time favorite Bay Area restaurants. After two of their perfect mojitos and some garlic fries I was loving life. YUM.

Karen and Suzie hosted the shower at Karen's new place, an adorable cottage in Oakland. The weather was perfect (70s) we had a yummy lunch outside under one of the several trees in the yard... very California. It was awesome and while I had a lot of wine, I didn't get drunk. I think. (?)

On my last day I stopped by Peachpit and got to see several people I hadn't seen in ages. It was great! I wish I had more time to chat with people... maybe next time.

I flew back to SoCal for a few more days in Ventura... I slept in, shopped, ate out, and saw two movies. Perfect! One of the movies was Iron Man, which I LOVED! The other was Indiana Jones, which was a disappointment. Oh well!

Now I'm back in AZ, getting ready to start my summer job. I'm nervous about it, but excited too. It should be great!

No comments: