Saturday, May 31, 2008

A movie that makes you want to drink - in a good way

As I write this, I'm sipping a cocktail* in a real martini glass savoring it and pondering how much I loved the Sex and the City movie. If you liked the TV show, you will like the film (and, obviously, if you loved the TV show you should love the film). It's great, hilarious, emotional, perfect.

I wish I could have seen it with my closest gal friends (remember our SATC nights?) but I was thinking about y'all nonetheless.



*In true Macgyver fashion, I pieced together the closest version of a Cosmo my fridge and pantry could produce. Here's my recipe which you should like:

Fill a shaker 3/4 full of ice.
Add 1 part Ketel One vodka.
Add the juice of one lime.
Add 1/2 part of Izze Sparkling Pomegranate Juice
Add 1/2 part of Triple Sec

Shake vigorously, then pour into a martini glass. Gulp.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Yumm! I have two cases of Izze from Costco in the garage. Now, I've found another use for it. The orange one kind of tastes like Airborne though so I think it is going to be hanging out around here the longest.

Bexy said...

That sucks that it tastes like Airborne! Good to know. I would recommend adding dark rum and fresh lime juice to it, in case it can be salvaged!

:-)