Friday, November 14, 2008

This just pisses me off.

34 children have now been dropped off at Nebraska hospitals following the enactment of their ridiculously vague safe-haven law that technically allows any parent - even those from other states - to abandon their children to the state of Nebraska's foster care system.

WHAT THE FUCK.

I can understand some new mother freaking out and society wanting to have an alternative to reduce/remove the horrible risk of infanticide. That's why safe-haven laws are enacted and should be in place.

But abandoning your 5, 10, 15, or 17 year-old child because they behave badly? Really?

Now, I'm not a parent and I know I have limited patience, but I'm going to judge these people anyway. Maybe this thing bothers me because I had a strained relationship with my mother during my teenage years and I would bet that if she knew she could drive me to Nebraska and drop my ass off she would have.

The woman in the photos below is one such "parent" who abandoned her daughter and now, based on these pictures, seems to want sympathy; Bitch, please:







The caption:
The mother of an 18 year-old daughter, who asked not to be named to protect the identity of her child, stands in her daughter's room, in Lincoln, Neb., Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2008. After a recent spate of her daughters' bad behavior, the mother said she felt like she had no other choice but to leave her daughter at a hospital, where she thought she would get help through Nebraska's safe haven law. She says she worried that if the law was changed, she would not have a way to get help for her daughter. Nebraska lawmakers meet Friday to begin tightening the state's open-ended safe-haven law.

No comments: