Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cuban Missile Pig

From Salon:

At a White House press briefing on Oct. 26, a reporter asked Dana Perino about Vladimir Putin's suggestion that a U.S. plan to base parts of a missile shield in Europe was similar to the events that led to the Cuban missile crisis....

Perino's response: "Well, I think that the historical comparison is not -- does not exactly work. What I can say is what President Putin went on to say, which is that the president and President Putin have said that we can work together on this."

...Appearing on NPR's "Wait, Wait ... Don't Tell Me" over the weekend, Perino said she "panicked" when she got the Cuban missile crisis question because she wasn't exactly sure what the Cuban missile crisis was. "I really know nothing about the Cuban missile crisis," Perino said. "It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I'm pretty sure."

3 comments:

Amber said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAA I can't even read this I'm laughing tooo hard right now. You had me at ht e headline. OMG. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

dying.

Amber said...

Okay, well now I've read it, and holy F, I'm still dying, but of disgust this time. Wow. At least I knew what the mofo thing was, I was just too damn drunk to distinguish the words "Bay of Pigs" from "Cuban Missile Crisi

This country and all who run it scare the effing crap out of me. Gah.

Bexy said...

ha ha! that headline was for you doll! xo