Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Great day...

For the obvious reasons: we have a new President!!!

There's all this talk about the Oath of Office and how it got screwed up (which is such a bummer) but randomly I took the same Oath today! I began an externship at the U.S. federal court and had to raise my right hand and say the following:

I, bexy, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

They also took my fingerprints, had me agree to a criminal background check, and told me I need to have my urine tested for the drugs. Not so presidential, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't know, I bet Obama had to pee in a cup today, too, don't you think?

Congrats on the 'ternship!