Monday, January 19, 2009

Missing Suzie Q already!

This weekend I had a lovely time chillaxing with Ms. Suzie Q - it was a good weekend to decompress and to try and do as little as possible. Perfect for me since the new semester starts tomorrow!

After she arrived on Friday night, we headed to Thai Basil in Tempe. Aside from some of the odd peeps in the place, we had some yummy panang beef curry. We then went back to my casita and had a stiff greyhound cocktail before going to bed. Yay!

We started out on Saturday at a simple but good day spa in Mesa. Suzie got a much-needed massage and I had an amazing pedicure - I even got a mask for my feet! It was lovely. Later that day we had some yummy sushi in Tempe before heading to the mall for a marathon shopping afternoon. We found some cute makeup, I found some great shoes for work on sale, and Suzie got a ton of gifts for Dexter at the going-out-of-business sale at KB Toys.

We spent the evening drinking and chowing with some law school friends at AZ88 a fun/funky place with delicious cocktails and amazing burgers. I only had one cocktail since I was driving (the Fleurtini - vodka, framboise liquor, lots of citrus, topped with champagne) and Suzie and I split the Burger Au Poivre II. It was intense and delicious! We also had the Golden Gate Cake for dessert - we wanted to die afterwards but it was yummy while we were downing it.

On Sunday we did absolutely nothing and it was everything we hoped it could be. We had some breakfast at home, followed by some 30 Rock, movie watching, junk food snacking, cocktail imbibing, cupcake baking, then reading, then bed. It was glorious.

Now I have to transition back to a responsible existence - suckage. ha! Thanks for visiting Q!!!

No comments: