Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Chivalry

People are very polite in Arizona.

Any day I share an elevator with a man (of any age), he always waits for me to enter or exit first. Also, men will always hold the door for you - women, too, but not as often.

I'm sure there are women who are offended by a man holding the door for them, but not me. I loves me some chivalry. I can still feel empowered and get a little help every now and then.

One of the summer associates at my firm is very young but extremely polite. On our retreat last weekend he helped another associate with her luggage. She was traveling with her young son and had her hands full. He took her bags, loaded them in the overhead storage bin, etc. He ANTICIPATED that she needed this assistance, and he's like 23 or something.

No comments: