Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy Hour Friday (11): Non Sequitur Edition

After an unfortunate and unplanned hiatus, Happy Hour Friday is back!

First, a thanks: Amber, thank you for reminding me of this delicious concoction! Next, is there a better latin phrase than "non sequitur" to address the fact that I'm posting this on a Wednesday? Mark? I know you are lurking around there somewhere! Post a comment, mister!

Shandy
Take a pint glass.
Fill it half-way with a light beer (I recommend Corona, but Hefeweizen or somesuch would also do).
Fill the rest of the glass with bubbly lemonade.
Sit outside in the sun and enjoy.

8 comments:

Amber said...

This is the bestest lightest most refreshing beer-y drink around. It's so summer (don't tell that to the Brits, they must drink it without the benefit of sunshine or warmth). Actually they make it with this weird fizzy water that is lemon flavored, and clear. It's odd stuff, I like the Mullin-Bextravagant version better. Ahh, Berkeley nights.

Amber said...

Okay, so I just totally made myself ill reading the Wiki page you linked to, Bex. The panache, the diesel, the f'ing Black Velvet. Stomach is churning, ugh.

In Mark lurking news, I wonder if you posted photos of the 8stops show, he might be coaxed into comments?

Anonymous said...

So this isn't really Mark, but I figured if I posted once under his name, the virginal quality of the "first post" would be nullified and he'd be free to throw down some verbiage. Of course maybe he just doesn't have anything to say... But I highly doubt it.

Bexy said...

That is an awesome tactic: pose as Mark as a means to 'pop his commenting cherry' - brilliant!

I'm sadly so behind on my postings but will surely have an 8Stops7 post hopefully today!!!! xo

Mark Watson said...

Since I am just getting to this post today, it appears that I have missed my chance at the blog-equivalent of a grand entry. Consequently, any insightful commentary on the phrase stemming from the deponent verb "sequor" will have to praestolor ("wait"). Deus damno!

Bexy said...

To Mark: absentem laedit cum ebrio qui litigat. translation: To quarrel with a drunk is to wrong a man who is not even there.

Amber said...

I. Am. DYING. Please put your absurd and insightful latin on my headstone.

Mark Watson said...

Rebecca, I think your latin phrase would go perfectly on a t-shirt, right under a picture of Bush.