Monday, August 20, 2007

Crackers & Company Cafe

Another restaurant review!

Yesterday I popped across town to Crackers & Company Cafe for some breakfast. I first saw this place mentioned on the Feasting in Phoenix blog, and how there was too long of a wait to get a table. (If people are willing to stand and wait for a table, it must be good, yes?). It was also voted best breakfast place by the local paper! When I got there around 8 a.m., most of the restaurant was already full - but I was still able to get a table right away.

The server was very nice and asked for my drink order right away. My cup of coffee came with a small carafe full of more coffee. Glorious! I loved this idea - a little too much, maybe. I had three cups before realizing I should probably cut myself off.

I decided to get Huevos Rancheros, which was delicious! The flour tortilla was slightly grilled so that it was toasty. On top of the tortilla were some refried beans - which were not greasy and didn't take away from the dish. The scrambled eggs were fluffy, cheddar cheese perfectly melted, and the salsa (which was more like a fire roasted tomato salsa as opposed to pico de gallo) was really good. It was tangy and had a kick, but wasn't too spicy to ruin your taste buds.

Best of all the bill was only $11 before tip. This seems like a perfect place to take the parents when they are in town next!

No comments: