Friday, August 31, 2007

God bless my big bag o' Peets!

I felt like the luckiest girl in the world when I picked up my mail today... waiting for me, delivered all the way from Alameda, was a 2-pound(!!!) bag of (what I consider) the most delicious coffee in the world: Arabian Mocha-Java from Peet's Coffee!

Suzie, in all of her sweetness, sent me a care package that couldn't have been more comforting! Peet's is not here in the Phoenix area yet - but I hope and wish each day that the company will think about opening up a shop. Maybe after the light rail is built? Hmm...

I seriously had a little panic/anxiety spat before moving to AZ about the coffee situation. Do I order it online? Is that ridiculous? Supposedly it's sold at Safeway, but I never see it on the shelves. And even if I did, it's either whole bean or ground for a cone filter (#5 for all you former baristas). I have a press pot (grind #12) and so even if I bought whole bean, my grinder at home would never come close to the perfection you get from a professional grinder. WHAT TO DO?! I was seriously panicky.

I was pretty much resigned to buying Starbucks, or maybe making the trip to Scottsdale to hit up the one and only Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in my proximity - before Ms. Suzie Q offered to send me some of the sweet nectar by mail!

THANKS SO MUCH SUZIE! It's awesome to have something I love, that reminds me of home, here in AZ. xoxoxoxo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suzie is a goddess. Nicely done!

Bexy said...

I know! she's a doll.