Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I'm here, and it's effing hot

I've been m.i.a. the last few days, finishing packing, driving to AZ, and getting settled into my new place! I finally had a chance to post something, however brief.

Let me just say that the move went really well, my little bubba was on a mild kitty drug that made him mellow during the entire drive!

It took a little over 8 hours to get to Mesa and that was because the moving truck couldn't go over 70. I've been spending all of today unpacking (I hired movers to unload the truck and haul my crap up to my third-story apartment. I could not have done this move without them. Holy crap.

It's 'monsoon' season in Arizona right now, which means rain in the early evening (which cools off the ground, but raises the humidity). We saw some cool lightning flashes last night - it was really beautiful. Pardon my rambling, it's the exhaustion talking!

I'll post pics asap! XO

6 comments:

Carla said...

What do you expect moving to AZ?? I am so proud of you for taking such a big step. I hunted up your blog from a comment you posted at Mark and Jessica's. Good Luck and stay cool! Carla

Dexter said...

We're glad that you made it out to Arizona safely. Hope you settle down nicely and that you acclimate to the weather.

look forward to hearing more about your new atmosphere.

Ramon

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, doll. Mark and Jess and I were talking about your move yesterday and hoping it was going well. I'm glad you made it and have no terrible moving stories to report (aside from the obvious ridiculousness that is the Arizona heat, right?). Pretty damn rare, as moving goes.

I can't beleive it's already time and that you are there now! So exciting! Can't wait for pics. Call when you are settled and have some time to chat.

kreichs said...

Glad you made it to Arizona safely, and that Frankie didn't freak out on the car ride down. And yay for movers.

So exciting! Yes, do post pix once you get settled a bit - would love to see them!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! You made it! Love K

Bexy said...

Woo-hoo! Great to hear from everyone - and Carla too! What a nice surprise!

The move went really well - and setting up the apartment takes a lot longer when it's so hot, but thank god for A/C! More soon, lots of xoxoxoxos!