Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pita Jungle

Food review time!

While my parents were in town helping me get set up in my new place, we ended up going to a lot of chain restaurants ("the devil you know," right?). I have to admit, I had a yummy cheeseburger at Applebee's (although their food has made me sick in the past); some serious goodness (which included a margarita the size of my head) at Chevy's, and the best steak ever at Outback (seriously, their center cut fillet is to die for).

Now, I'm not one for the chains, but then again, they make things reaalllyyy easy when you have picky eaters on your hands. We did venture out a wee bit and went to a 5 & Diner - which is a 1950s-themed place that was really yummy. They are still a chain, but at least they are a local chain. Ha!

Sooo, I was very happy to be trying something different this week. My friend Angela suggested we go to Pita Jungle in Tempe. It has mediterranean-inspired light food. Lots of salads, pita and hummus (of course) and even pita pizza! We noshed on roasted red bell pepper hummus and pita first, then I had the falafal (wrapped in pita of course). This is a great place, the service is EXCELLENT, the food yummy, and best of all: it's cheap! Another review of the place is here.

No comments: