Thursday, September 6, 2007

Geekwatch: iPhone price cut controversy

So you may have heard about yesterday's announcement from Apple, which, among other things, included the introduction of a newer, cheaper model of iPhone - a mere two months after its first release. Well, some of those "early adopters" were angered by the price drop and today Apple decided to offer them a $100 store credit as a thank-you for their early support of the product. Aww, shucks. $399 is still too much for me, sadly. The little suckers are gorgeous and cool, but I can wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ef why eye, y'all: No iphone coverage in most of Iowa. My sweet'n'cheap verizon phone didn't fare well everywhere, but usually had at least one bar, while my cohort and his 8gig ridiculous toy (sorry apple, but c'mon) were rendered completely useless in all but Des Moines.

I was offended by the iphone when I found out you have to mail it in for a battery replacement, rather than just purchase the $80 dollar thing and put it in yourself.

I think I'm jaded.

BUT, very happy to be home and able to catch up your bloggyness, Bex! Can't wait to hear how you are doing and how the law schooling is progressing.

Bexy said...

that sux about bad coverage - but in a way I'm not surprised... Apple does seem concerned with Coasts and making sure they work there... they work in AZ!

Good to hear from you! Can't wait to hear about your IA trip!!