Friday, September 28, 2007

Score!

Soooo, a very happy thing happened this afternoon:

I've mentioned before how I take the bus from school, on occasion... I also carpool with a friend from class (bless her heart), which usually saves me from driving and parking in a visitor lot that costs $8/day. The bus is free, but you do have to deal with "The Great Unwashed." I like to think of myself as "one of the people," but I will confess that a girl has to have limits.

Before school started, there was a lottery for the option to purchase parking permits for a parking lot right near school. There's not enough space to accomodate everyone so they had to limit the number of people who could buy spots to about 50 (out of 160 in our class).

Sadly, I was not picked in the lottery (hence the bus and carpooling). But, I heard through the grapevine that at some point during the semester they would sell more decals - I think they didn't want to oversell the spots in the beginning and then have a parking morass. So, I remembered today that it was supposed to be "around the end of September, beginning of October" when they might make more passes available.

I called them up, and sho nuff they had some passes for sale, and I went down there and bought one. WOO HOO! Now when I need to stay at the library until 2am I don't have to worry about taking a bus (just kidding, not sure that I ever want to stay that late). But no more $8/day to park! In the interest of full disclosure, I should let y'all know how awesome my parents are: they gave me a check that I could use in the event the pass became available!! I'm so spoiled, in so many ways.

No comments: