Saturday, September 8, 2007

Loving the HH

Heather Havrilesky is hilarious (that's a lot of H's). Her column "I Like to Watch" gets me through the week, seriously.

She had the occasion to watch "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style" (as did I) and here is a snippet from her review:
And even when [Tim Gunn's] being kind of spongy and weird, when he's looking at a really bad pair of jeans with an awful cut that makes your ass look like an armchair, even when he's searching for the right words to describe just how wrong those jeans look, flipping through the many, many words in his enormous vocabulary, even then, he's filled with love and empathy. Even when he thinks you're tacky and, quite frankly, gross, he gets away with it, because he also wants what's best for you, he believes in you, and he just knows that you're going to make it work, somehow, some way!

She is so right, as usual. Love her (and I LOVE Tim Gunn too, btw)!

2 comments:

Dexter said...

I love Tim Gunn too, but I found the new show to be too much like the other make-over shows. The hyper critical essence of those shows does not jive with Tim's sweetness and thoughtfulness. (And Veronica Webb is so awkward and stiff...also, could they have screen tested her make-up? She looked like she just came off the stage on Broadway.)

Bexy said...

I hear you - I usually hate makeover shows and I kind of see this one as an "early fix" before Project Runway 4 starts - I wish they would tell us when PR starts!

That "lifestylist" on Tim's makeover show - if that's what he's called - is so effing ridiculous. Thank god for TiVo b/c I fast forward through his bullshit, fo sho.