Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

My sister reminded me that little children could be walking up to my door this evening asking for candy.

How was I oblivious to this? I knew Halloween was coming up but somehow it didn't occur to me that all the little kids in my apartment complex could be knocking on my door demanding treats.

I guess I'll have to go to the store at the last minute on my way home from school (I'll be at school from 8:30 to 5:30 today, beautiful!). Sonofabitch.

To get in the spirit of things, here's a picture of one of my Halloweens. Prior to this picture being taken, some little effer ripped off my tail (I'm supposed to be the Pink Panther). I was furious. Ahh, childhood!

3 comments:

Amber said...

SOOOOOO CUTE!

I just had a momentary flash of rage for your child self at the whole tail-pulling-off-thing. There a few events that I recall with such a vivid sense of outrage, you would think they happened yesterday. (And sadly, there a few charmers that i was responsible for in my day that make me blush pink as your adorable panther costume - most notably once when i thought it would be comical to spit in my friend Julia's face from the upper bench of the YMCA sauna. This one pains me superbad.)

Speaking of cringeworthy things I've said and/or done: Remember your "work shirt" from the CBTL - i see roots in your early childhood costumeary! I think you need more pink in your life.

Amber said...

PS - does your school not have student stores of any variety? cause you could grab something non-melty at the student store to pass out tonight and skip the store on the way home. You might miss a lot of early kids too, if you aren't home until after 5:30, although since the candy industry had their way with our daylight savings plan, this is the first year it will stay lighter later and maybe more munchkins will be hauling their pillowcase-toting asses around later and later tonight.

One last word of advice: pick a popular candy, but not one you love, or you may be truly sorry tomorrow.

Bexy said...

ooh, yes, the rage started at a very young age. And pink! Yes, I abandoned pink for many years but it's making a comeback. That, and salmon, I'm happy to report to you especially.

Your idea about going to a student store is a good one - unfortunately it's all individual pieces of candy. In the cafe near the law school the lovely baristas put out a little bin of candy for people to take - I could steal that? So bad.