Saturday, July 7, 2007

A few drinks and many laughs in Hollywood last night

Last night I met up with the lovely Nasol family, who were in Los Feliz this week visiting family.

We headed over to Birds in Hollywood, a cute, cozy and low-key place that serves perfectly-made cocktails and yummy comfort food. We sipped drinks in our vinyl booth until it was time to get in line for the live show down the street at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.

On weekend nights at the UCBT, Jimmy Pardo hosts a modern-day version of The Match Game (remember that game show from the 70s?). Jimmy was really funny, and so were the guest comics - especially Paul F. Tompkins!


It was great to get live entertainment that costs less than a movie ticket! And just like other improv acts like The Groundlings and TheatreSports it's impressive to see how witty and funny people can be.

(PS: Ramon - it looks like next week your boy Jimmy will be performing in Sunnyvale, and Paul F. Tompkins will be in SF!)

3 comments:

Dexter said...

Great to see you on Friday night and I'm glad you came out to dinner and the show! I just saw paul f tompkins's in SF. We might just have to check it out. Or maybe to Sunnyvale to see my hero Jimmy!

Dexter said...

hey sweet lady - it was great to hang with you down there. It was such a fun night! I need to figure out how to send that photo I took with my phone.

Love,
SQ

Bexy said...

It was so much fun! I'm glad I got to see little D, too!

XO!!
Bexy