Thursday, July 12, 2007

OK, can you make Jon Stewart's job any easier?

Quotes from today's press conference with W:

On the Valerie Plame affair: And, you know, I've often thought about what would have happened had that person come forth and said, `I did it.' Would we have had this, you know, endless hours of investigation and a lot of money being spent on this matter?... It has been a tough issue for a lot of people in the White House, and it's run its course, and now we're going to move on.

On Congress challenging him on Iraq: I value the advice of those senators, I appreciate their concern. ... I'm going to continue to listen to them.

On a possible terror attack (Stephen Colbert-style): My gut tells me that, which my head tells as well, is that: When we find a credible threat, we'll share it with you.

No comments: