Friday, July 6, 2007

Overdue blog post: 8stops7 plays San Souci

In early June, my friends' band, 8stops7, played at Sans Souci, a local dive that some refer to as "The Sewer". Sans Souci used to be where the toothless would saddle up to the bar for a strong, cheap drink. But it's been overtaken by hipster wannabes. Very odd.

Nonetheless, it was great to see my friends playing again! Especially Seth, who I haven't seen smile like this in a really long time:


Here's a little video clip I took with my camera:


It was great to see you guys play again! I can't believe how quickly the last ten years flew by...

2 comments:

Amber said...

This show was terrific - very high energy and rock-out-with-yer-c*ck-out, if I may be so bold. The lesbian brigade was a nice new element to the usual crowd, and I've seen nothing funnier than Erin screaming "I could f'in kill you, motherf'er" to the jackass who kept trying to start a mosh pit (in the Souce!), continually slamming his 5foot9ish frame into her tiny self. Other than that sort of thing, it was such a good spirited crowd. I highly enjoyed myself, though it was SUPER weird each time Evan said "this one's older, about ten years now" cause hellooo, what the hell happened to the last ten years??? Oh well, they were mostly well spent, and apparently there is no stopping the march of time, so we best try to enjoy the show (or shows, as in this case).

So, Bex, does the mention of the stiff drinks at the Souci count as the Happy Hour Friday entry?

Bexy said...

OMG, Erin. She is soooo funny. If only I could get some video of her in action! She's "four-foot-nothing" yet was going to go toe-to-toe with that drunk jackass in order to defend Adam's pregnant wife. I love it!