Saturday, July 14, 2007

Somebody got the new Beastie Boys CD today

...and I love, love love it! It's been on constant rotation since I opened my mail today.

As I surmised before, the new LP is comprised of brand-new instrumental tracks. If you liked the instrumental tracks of Ill Communication, or The In Sound from Way Out you will dig The Mix-Up.

They've rounded out their sound somewhat - the groove/funk influences are still at the forefront but there are layers of dub, ska, punk and rock thrown in. While the sound overall is a bit more mellow, the boys are still having fun. Check out this video for the track "The Gala Event".

If you are looking for something funky yet chill to play at your next soiree, I highly recommend this.

Thanks, Somebody, for the gift!! XO!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you like it. I recall spending many a dinner party or party party or study session or study-break-on-the-futon-with-head-out-the-window-smoking-cloves-or-whatever listening to The In Sound From Way Out and feeling so very groovy chill. Hopefully this new disc in rotation with the old will see you through the next few years of your school experience with ease, sweetness and light (and this time without the bad-influence roomie --and the fights for the only two-person bed in the joint, which was absurdly placed in the public front room for maximum embarrassment potential-- also without the Indian mafia landlords, the psycho neighbor, or the constant siren song of binge drinking calling from a few short blocks away.... think of all that you will accomplish this time, Bex, jeez!). Hee hee.

Happy Birthday, again, doll. (And, of course, Happy Bastille Day as well). This Somebody LOVES YOU!

xoxo.

Amber said...

Um, somebody went to this today: http://www.portland-beerfest.com/ and seems to have forgotten how to spell and/or proofread as a result. I'm not sayin Somebody is drunk, I'm just saying that 'somebody' is not supposed to be spelled s-o-m-e-d-o-b-y... at least not last time I checked.

Bexy said...

OMG: It's nice that I had college and the years following to fully indulge the vices. My only concern was not being so hungover as to have to call in sick to work - and there were times when I considered doing just that.

I still loves me a good drinkie but gone are the days of Mallard three times a week!