Wednesday, May 23, 2007

BookMooch

My friend Cary recently told me about BookMooch, a fantastic site where users share their book collections with each other.

Do you have a bunch of books on your shelf you are never going to read again (or at all)? Do you have a list of books you want, but don't want to pay for? This site is for you!

I absolutely love books, but hate moving them. Especially if I know I may never read them again. Sure, you can sell books at your local used bookseller, but if you've ever done it then you know you really don't want to do it again. Chances are they may take only 1 or 2 out of the 20 you bring them, and they pay you next to nothing anyway.

I decided to sign up in order to clear out some of my books before I move to Arizona. As I'm sorting through all my stuff and deciding what I want to get rid of, I'll be adding books to my inventory list. It's puny right now, but check back and you may find something you want!

Here's a way to share those books you want to offload with others, and each time you do you earn points. Each point earns you the right to "mooch" off someone else. The only cost is postage!

No comments: