Thursday, May 10, 2007

This week in Foodie Goodness

I've been in Berkeley this week for work, one of the last trips I'll make as a Peachpit employee! While I'm here, I'm trying to make the most of my proximity to so many incredible restaurants.

On Tuesday night I went to Dosa in SF with my friend Cary. In a hipster 'hood, the restaurant serves upscale South Indian fare in a sleek and modern setting. Their specialty, dosas, are "savory crepes" filled with a variety of ingredients. They also have a nice list of wine-based cocktails, including several that use Lillet!

On Wednesday a few co-workers and I headed down the street to T-Rex at 5. During the week they have a happy hour until 6, offering high-end "well" drinks for $5. My margarita was delish, but my caipirinha was too strong to finish. Afterwards, I headed to Montero's with Alison for some upscale and yummy Mexican food.

This morning I met my boss in the lobby of my hotel at 7am (sweet jesus) and we got a yummy breakfast at Bette's on 4th Street. We actually did a little work, and a lotta gossiping, so despite the early hour it was a very productive meal. I ended the day back on 4th Street when Karen and I had a lovely meal at O Chame.

Tomorrow I head to the races with some co-workers during lunch, and the food options are significantly less exciting there. I may have sushi with Suzie and Ren after work, and maybe a greasy-spoon breakfast on Saturday morning. Should be a good cure for the hangover I expect to have!

No comments: