Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Hour Friday (9)

My friends Ren and Karen will be visiting me in a couple of weeks, which makes me think of celebrating. And when I think of celebrating, I think of GTs (a.k.a., Gin and Tonics).

There's a reason everyone from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy to the Reverend Horton Heat sings the praises of the GT. They are strong (not a girly drink!) and refreshing. Perfect for summer!

After many test runs that have depleted a significant number of brain cells, I believe I've figured out how to mix up a GT that's perfect for me. I hope you like it too!

The Perfect GT
Fill a pint glass with ice. That's right, a pint glass.
Add Bombay Sapphire Gin so that the glass is 1/3 full.
(An acceptable substitute is Tanqueray Ten. If you use any other type of gin, you risk being very disappointed.)
Add the juice from 1/2 lime. It's even better with a whole lime!
Fill the glass with Canada Dry Tonic Water. (Schweppes is OK too, but Canada Dry is the bizzomb.)
Stir.
Add a straw.
Sit outside and sip away!

No comments: